Conor McGregor in plea negotiations after melee

Conor McGregor in plea negotiations after melee

McGregor and his co-defendant, UFC fighter Cain Cowley, could find out whether they will be indicted for the backstage melee in April.

But he never defended the title, entering the boxing ring instead to take on Floyd Mayweather in August 2017, and McGregor was stripped of his title by UFC - with president Dana White announcing the decision in the build-up to UFC 223.

Video showed what appeared to be McGregor hurling a trolley at a bus full of MMA fighters after a news conference for the UFC 223 event at the Barclays Centre in April.

Spoke briefly to Conor McGregor's manager @AudieAttar outside the courthouse about today's hearing and what's next in terms of the negotiations with the UFC.

Woman Gets Head Stuck in Truck's Exhaust Pipe at Minnesota Music Festival
In a tell-all piece , she told Stephen Wiblemo what went through her head before she jammed it into the pipe. In all, she was stuck for a little over 45 minutes, and was given a medical exam right after she was freed.

"He and I are meeting on the 18 th of the month", White said.

McGregor was subsequently arrested, charged with three counts of assault, one of criminal mischief and released on bail.

Reports in America are saying that McGregor is working on a plea deal as he could face seven years in prison for the incident. I don't know what Conor and his team have worked on.

However, as had been expected, McGregor's (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) appearance was brief and simply saw the scheduling of his next court appearance, which is now set for July 26. White maintains that he has had no involvement in how the legal proceedings in McGregor's case have played out, adding, "Whatever happens tomorrow, I will be as shocked as you".

Related Articles